Friday, July 09, 2010

Eating octopus

My parents have a teacher from Spain staying with them for a few weeks; he's here with a tour group that is somehow partnered with the school where my mom teaches (I'm not really quite sure of the how or why here...). We've been having lots of fun dragging him around to all the "fun" things to do in Davenport (not much... we have a bridge that goes to nowhere...). Today, he decided to cook an octopus for our dinner to say thanks.

Normally, I'm all up for trying any type of food once. And I love calamari, so the octopus itself was not a big deal. It tasted great. What grossed me out was seeing it as it looked before it had died, and seeing the little suction cups on the cut up tentacles, and watching Mark slurp a smaller tentacles like a spaghetti noddle....

Its things like this that make me wonder why I'm not a vegetarian... and then I realize that I love steak and am not so fond of vegetables, which would be the answer.

1 comment:

anne said...

You're hysterical... :)