Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The day after...

Well, we had an interesting time yesterday. Houses in our price range are... interesting...
Mark and I are discussing what we liked and didn't like about the 3 houses we saw yesterday. I can't stand the one he would like to buy and he is not comfortable with the one I liked. I'll describe the houses and see what Anne, I mean my reader(s) think.
House 1: small (925 square feet) brick square house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a walk-out basement. Has almost .5 acres yard space, in a quiet neighborhood, on the corner lot. On one side is a nicely kept-up house, on the other, a deep ravine. It needs a lot of help, but has good bones and room to expand without loosing too much yard.
House 2: small (700+ square feet) ranch house with 2 bedrooms, one bath and a large laundry room. The yard is a nice size but you can see all your neighbors, and your driveway is almost shared with your next door neighbor. It has no basement, no space to properly expand without major renovations and possibly adding on, taking up valuable yard space.
Can you guess which one is my choice?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing #1. I don't think you'd like being able to see so much of your neighbors and would enjoy the freedom to redo a few things and make it your own. Plus, a little bigger is always better! :)

If I'm right, do I get a prize?

amy said...

You are right!! And for you prize, I'll drive up to GR to visit you THIS WEEKEND!!!! Don't you feel special?

Unknown said...

YAY!!! :)