Tuesday, January 10, 2012

*Sigh*

Someday, I'll remember things like when I have a doctor's appointment, what day of the week it is, or when an assignment is due.  Someday.  But right now, life is chaos, and I couldn't really say for certain if I brushed my teeth this morning (I'm pretty sure I did...).  I hate being so disorganized.  I hate not being able to find my phone in the mess of burp cloths, baby toys, and toddler toys that is now my sorry excuse for a living room (seriously, good luck finding my couch... I think it's still there under a pile of baby blankets and clean clothes waiting to be put away, but it may have run off, being somewhat offended by a lack of attention.  I can't say for certain).  And as for finding anything in my kitchen, well, it's either in the dishwasher waiting to be cleaned or in the dish rack waiting to dry and be put away.  Or in the slowly cooling water in  my sink waiting for me to be able to put the baby down and get the toddler entertained for five minutes so I can wash them, and add them to ever growing stack of dishes waiting to dry and be put away.

But despite all that, I wouldn't trade my two babies for anything.  I'd rather live in chaos for these few years than have the cleanest house and most organized ever (particularly since I wasn't all that organized to begin with, but at least everything was put away).  I hate forgetting, I hate feeling like I'm just struggling to keep up with cleaning my house, not to mention the rest of my life, but I know it's (probably) only temporary.  Someday, I'll have a clean house again, and I'll be able to remember why I had to go to the grocery store without making the same trip four times in a week just to pick up milk. And when that happens, I'll look back on these days and sigh and say "I miss that time!"



1 comment:

anne said...

So true, my dear. Give yourself permission. A lot of permission and forgiveness. You are the only one holding yourself to the high standards. (I have to remind myself of this stuff too!) You're an awesome mom and you're doing a great job! :) Miss you...